There are a few other things we recommend that will help you enjoy your visit to the fullest degree.
- While we do provide lunch and snacks, we encourage you to eat a good breakfast before coming out to Team O’Neil. Students are regularly surprised by the amount of energy they exert during their visit to the school.
- Check the forecast, we enjoy four very distinct seasons in Northern New Hampshire and the weather can vary from day to day. We have a secure classroom and cabins on each training area, so you can easily shed layers etc.
- We recommend staying hydrated. Don’t let having too much fun in the evening ruin your experience behind the wheel.
- Team O’Neil does not require any previous driving experience but we do expect you arrive with an open mind and ready to learn. Anyone not open to coaching from our instructors is a safety risk to yourself, our employees, and the other customers. You may be asked to leave if deemed unsafe, and given a refund of any remaining training time.
There are a few things you will need to plan, and bring to ensure you have an incredible experience at Team O’Neil.
- Clothing: We do not require fireproof clothing for our students. We recommend comfortable clothing such as jeans, and shoes that will work well for driving and feeling the pedals (not large boots). Remember we are on dirt surfaces, wear shoes that you know may get dirty or muddy. Wear multiple layers, temperatures in northern New Hampshire change through the day, you can always leave extra clothes in our cabins and classrooms.
- Lodging: Team O’Neil does not provide lodging for students. We work with several local properties that we recommend. Click here to learn more!
- Food: While we do provide lunch, you are responsible for your own breakfast and dinners. We recommend several local eateries. Click here to learn more!
- Transportation: You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the school. We do offer to meet students on the first day at the Hampton Inn in Littleton, NH to lead them to the facility. If you choose to drive yourself please plan ahead, do not simply trust your GPS! For an area map click here.
For commercial fights we recommend Manchester, NH (MHT), Boston, MA (BOS) and in some cases Montreal, QC Canada. Manchester is closer and simpler, Boston is often more desirable for distant destinations and international flights. Montreal (YUL) can be a good option for some travelers and in winter months their rental cars are equipped with snow tires (we like that!). The Mt. Washington Regional Airport is a non-commercial airport located in close proximity to the rally school, open year-round to small and mid-sized planes.
When you come to take a course at Team O’Neil, we include most of what you’ll need to enjoy your experience.
- A selection of fully-prepped FWD, AWD and RWD rally cars (not all classes use all types of cars), includes gas, tires and any other requirements.
- All safety equipment including helmets, competition-grade seat belts, and prepped vehicles
- A personalized course handbook
- Full damage coverage on our vehicles if you have any type of incident or accident
- Lunch, drinks and snacks for each day of your visit
- Upon course completion, rally course students receive a $30 merchandise credit, individualized action photo and certificate
Students are responsible for all transportation to and from the school, lodging, and breakfast/dinner.
The easiest way to book a course is right here on our website, but if there are any issues or questions not answered here, please call us during business hours (603-444-4488) 8:30-5:00pm EST or send us an email any time ([email protected]).
The online calendar shows available course dates. Courses are a progressive curriculum so you can book anywhere from 1-5 days and if you don’t complete all 5 days, you may return and pickup where you left off. If you’re unable to settle on a date, it’s also possible to purchase a course voucher, and if you’re giving a course as a gift, there are gift certificates available as well. If booking a return visit to complete your 5 day course please call us to book.
A typical day here starts at 9am with a brief classroom session (a bit longer on Day 1), followed by driving exercises until lunch. Lunch is provided for you on-site, then driving exercises continue until around 3:30-3:45pm. There are a few short (10-15 min) classroom sessions throughout the day as new exercises or skills are introduced. We have a two-to-one student instructor ratio, and you are welcome to either ride along or watch from the outside any time you are not actually behind the wheel. You are welcome to bring a friend or family member to watch or take photos. There is usually an optional mechanical introduction class at the end of Day 1 that you are welcome to attend.
Team O’Neil is located in the beautiful White Mountains, just outside the quaint New England town of Littleton NH. Littleton is quickly becoming famous for its Main St. community of restaurants, shops, lodging and more. Our location allowed us to build and operate the rally school in a challenging mountainous environment best suited to the types of driving that we teach and enjoy. Thanks to this location, our facility has 6 miles of authentic rally roads and two dedicated training areas. We operate year-round, and there are plenty of other activities nearby to enjoy including ski areas, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, shooting, golf, shopping, restaurants, breweries, and much more.
After signing up for a course, you’ll receive an email detailing when and where to meet, what airports and hotels are most convenient, what local restaurants are best, what gear to bring, etc. Most of this information can also be found in the “About” tab on our website as well. Lunch will be provided on-site when you come take your course, and no special equipment is needed (helmets, driving suits, footwear, etc). We do recommend not wearing bulky boots. Just remember to bring season-appropriate clothing and an open mind!
Our rally courses start everyone out in front wheel drive Ford Fiestas for the first day to best learn the fundamentals of car control and left foot braking. Students in the 2 Day Course and longer will drive all wheel drive cars (Subaru Impreza), on Day 3 or 4 we add rear wheel drive cars (BMW 3 Series), then more powerful and turbocharged cars on Day 4 and Day 5 depending on student’s progress (Ford Fiesta ST and Subaru WRX). See more about the cars you can drive
A desire to learn and have fun! No racing experience is required, and we’ll train anyone who isn’t proficient with a manual transmission. There are no licenses needed to take a course at Team O’Neil. Students must be ages 14 and above, and be able to comfortably see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals. A parent or guardian must sign the waiver for any minors taking part in a course.
Rally is the sport of driving road-legal, production-based vehicles as quickly as possible on closed sections of public and/or private roads. Competition vehicles then drive between stages on open, public roads to get to the next competition stage. These races are held across the world, on all surfaces, and often total distances over 300 miles.